(Pittsburgh, 1928 – New York, 1987)
Gérard Depardieu, 1986
Silkscreen in colors and collage of colored papers on HMP
2 stamps on the back :
- The Estate of Andy Warhol
- The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts
and the manuscript number VF 115.120
61 x 40 cm
- Andy Warhol Estate, New York
- The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, New York
- Private Collection, Paris
Will be reproduced in Andy Warhol Catalogue Raisonné in preparation by The Andy Warhol Foundation for Visual Arts
In 1986, to celebrate the anniversary of the ten years of the French edition of the magazine Vogue Hommes, Andy Warhol received the order to portray the actor Gerard Depardieu.
The work of Warhol was published on the cover of issue 94 of November 1986. Warhol realized several studies of which this collage is a good example.
Poster of the movie Jean de Florette by Claude Berri, 1986